Get started with MUApply here
Mizzou’s online master’s degree in special education is research-intensive. If you want to become a teacher-leader in working with individuals with disabilities and special needs, this may be the degree for you.
Official nameMaster of arts in special education with emphasis in special education, general
Program typeMaster's degree
Academic homeCollege of Education & Human Development | Department of Special Education
Delivery mode100% online
AccreditationHigher Learning Commission, Teacher Education Accreditation Council
*This cost is for illustrative purposes only. Your hours and costs will differ, depending on your transfer hours, your course choices and your academic progress. See more about tuition and financial aid.
This degree has potential benefits for
- School administrators
- School psychologists
- Special education specialists
Delivery of this program is 100 percent online: no campus visits are required.
Courses are semester-based. Students typically take one or two classes each semester and finish in two to three years.
Course work includes
- Assessment and evaluation
- Behavior management
- Cross-categorical disabilities
- Language development and literacy for exceptional students
- Math, science and social studies for students who are struggling
- Strategies for students with disabilities and at-risk learners