Get started with MizzouApply here
How to apply
Fulfill the admission requirements:
- Completed bachelor of social work (BSW) degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 in the last 60 hours of undergraduate education.
- If English is not your native language, please submit a TOEFL score of at least 100 (internet-based test), an IELTS score of at least 7, a Pearson Test of English (PTE) score of at least 66 or a Cambridge C1 Advanced score of at least 190.
This program accepts rolling admissions, so you can apply at any time. We require you submit your application at least six weeks before the beginning of the term in which you wish to start your course work.
|To start classes in||Apply by||Classes begin|
Gather your papers
Applying will be easier and faster if you gather these required documents beforehand:
- Transcripts of all previous college or university education. Upload unofficial transcripts in your online application. If you are accepted, you will be asked to provide official transcripts.
- Résumé or CV summarizing your education and relevant experience.
- Statement of purpose that demonstrates your goals align with our program.
- Three letters of recommendation. In the online application, you will need to supply names and contact details of three people (e.g., faculty at your school, professional references) who you believe will provide substantive information about your interests and abilities. The Graduate School will contact your references with instructions regarding the letters.
- TOEFL, IELTS, PTE or C1 Advanced score reports for applicants whose native language is not English. For information on sending test scores, visit the Grad School website.
- School of Social Work graduate certificate application
Complete the online application
Carefully follow the instructions on the application site.
- Upload the above documents in the online application
- Degree/delivery: Graduate Certificate - Distance (Online/Remote/Site/etc.)
- Academic program: Gerontological Social Work – Distance (Grad Cert)
- Application fee: $40.00