Get started with MUApply here
How to apply
Fulfill the admission requirements:
- Completed baccalaureate or advanced degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 in the last 60 hours of undergraduate education.
- If English is not your native language, please submit a TOEFL score of at least 80 (internet-based test), an IELTS score of at least 6.5, a Pearson Test of English (PTE) score of at least 59 or a Cambridge C1 Advanced score of at least 180.
The committee may waive the grade point requirement if you have completed a MU Public Health Certificate with a B or better in each required course or are currently enrolled in a graduate or professional degree program (e.g., DVM, MD). Include any test or course waiver requests on your personal data sheet (see below).
The Department of Public Health does not practice rolling admission. The graduate admissions committee will begin reviewing applications within one week of the application deadline. The faculty committee plans to generate admission decisions to applicants via email within four to six weeks after the application deadline has passed. Please contact MUmphprogram@missouri.edu with questions.
|To start classes in||Apply by||Classes begin|
Gather your papers
Applying will be easier and faster if you gather these required documents beforehand:
- Transcripts of all previous college or university education. Upload unofficial transcripts in your online application. If you are accepted, you will be asked to provide official transcripts.
- Two one-page essays addressing these prompts:
- How have your course work, work/volunteer, and life experiences prepared you to be successful in the MPH program? In your answer please also include experiences that have helped you better understand, address, and/or advocate for diversity, inclusion, and equity issues in public health.
- Why do you want to purse an MPH at University of Missouri?
- Résumé or CV. Please explain any significant gaps in education or work experience.
- One letter of recommendation. In the online application, you will need to supply the name and contact details of a person who is well-acquainted with your academic experience and can attest to your intellectual, experiential and interpersonal abilities. This letter should come from a professor or other academic official. The Graduate School will contact your reference with instructions regarding the letter.
- TOEFL, IELTS, PTE or C1 Advanced score reports for applicants whose native language is not English. For information on sending test scores, visit the Graduate School website.
Complete the online application
Carefully follow the instructions on the application site.
- Upload the above documents in the online application
- Degree/delivery: Masters- Distance (Online/Remote Site/etc.)
- Academic program: Public Health/Health Promotion & Policy-Distance (MPH)
- Domestic application fee: $75.00
- International application fee: $100.00