Get started with MUApply here
How to apply
Fulfill the admission requirements:
- Completed bachelor’s degree or its equivalent from a regionally accredited institution.
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 in the last 60 hours of undergraduate or graduate education. If your GPA was less than 3.0, the Admissions Committee may accept you into the program on probation and require you to maintain a 3.0 GPA.
- At least two to three years of technical, clinical or administrative experience in health care or the health sciences.
- If English is not your native language, please submit a TOEFL score of at least 100 (internet-based test), an IELTS score of at least 7.0, or a Duolingo score of at least 120.
- GRE scores are not required.
This program has rolling admission and accepts students to matriculate in the spring term only. We recommend you submit your application by Dec. 1.
Gather your papers
Applying will be easier and faster if you gather these required documents beforehand:
- Transcripts of all previous college or university education. Upload unofficial transcripts in your online application. If you are accepted, you will be asked to provide official transcripts.
- Résumé or CV.
- Personal essay that outlines your professional plans and career objectives; explains how you became interested in health administration and how your prior training and experience would help your career; includes specific issues and challenges in health care that you consider challenging and why; and indicates that you are applying to the distance education (executive) format.
- Three letters of recommendation. In the online application, you need three professional recommendation letters. These should come from professional colleagues who can attest to your intellectual, experiential, and interpersonal skills. You can send a request through the portal with your personal message and it will automatically include directions on how they can upload the letters directly to your application.
- Statement of support from your employer; not required if you are self-employed or a principal in your organization. This can also be included in a recommendation letter from your employer.
- TOEFL, IELTS, or Duolingo score reports for applicants whose native language is not English. For information on sending test scores, visit the Grad School website.
- In addition, the admissions committee will interview you. If you are unable to travel to the Columbia, Missouri campus for the interview, alternate arrangements can be made.
Complete the online application
Carefully follow the instructions on the application site.
- Upload the above documents in the online application
- Degree/delivery: Masters- Distance (Online/Remote Site/etc.)
- Academic program: Health Administration-Distance (MHA)
- Domestic application fee: $75.00
- International application fee: $100.00