Add a course to your existing course schedule
OPTION 1: Add a course through myZou
OPTION 2: Late Registration Change
Dropping a course
Students may drop classes through myZou unless:
- it is their last or only course (which constitutes a withdrawal)
- it is past the last day to drop without a grade
- there is a hold on their account.
Withdraw from the term (dropping all classes)
Changing your schedule:
- To drop an MU self-paced course, log in to myZou. In myZou, use the "Drop a class" link and follow the on-screen steps.
- There can be financial implications from dropping a class. Please see the Cashiers Office refund website for refund amounts.
- Students may drop self-paced courses through myZou unless it is their only class, past the last day to drop without a grade (which constitutes a withdrawal), and/or there is a hold on their account.
- Learn more about adding and dropping courses in myZou.
If you drop a self-paced 6-month max to finish course after the deadline to "Drop without Penalty" (after the first 1/3 of the six months), the process is referred to as withdrawing from a course. During this time, the course will appear on your transcript with a grade of either a W or F, depending on your performance at the time of the withdrawal.
Withdrawing from a term means that you are dropping or withdrawing from all of your courses for that term. If you withdraw from all of your self-paced 6-month max to finish courses after the deadline to "Drop without Penalty" (after the first 1/3 of the six months), you will receive a grade of "W" or "F" from the instructor, depending on your performance at the time of withdrawal.
The course or term withdrawal should be received/dated no later than one week (seven days) prior to the six month course end date.
If you have not completed your course or withdrawn from it by the end of your six months, ordinarily you will receive an "F."
Students are financially responsible for all course-related fees at the time of enrollment. When dropping or withdrawing, the amount of tuition refunded will be based upon the University's refund schedule, and on the date written notification is received by your MU academic area; not the last date of class attendance or participation.
Students who enroll after the semester begins will be assessed a late registration fee. This fee is substantial so enroll early!
When dropping a course after the last day to drop without a grade, the student will receive a "W" or "F" for the course depending upon the instructor's evaluation of course work completed prior to the drop date.
Add/drop/withdraw dates are listed on the University of Missouri Dates and Deadlines page.