Financial aid

Financial aid is available to qualified degree candidates who are enrolled at MU. Nondegree-seeking and post-baccalaureate students are not admitted to a specific degree program and do not qualify for federal financial aid. Financial aid includes: Student loans, grants, Curators' and University Scholarships (as well as other scholarships), Vocational Rehabilitation and some third-party billings.

Graduate students in a degree-seeking program who hold a qualifying assistantship or fellowship may be eligible for a GSSP fee waiver, which waives their resident and nonresident (if applicable) tuition for courses which are applicable and relevant to the student's degree program. For more information about the GSSP fee waiver program, visit the Graduate School website.


Students can complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at the Financial Aid website. For further information or assistance, contact the Financial Aid office, 11 Jesse Hall, via phone: 573-882-7506 or visit the Financial Aid website.

Financial aid status

Currently, admitted students can check their financial aid application status through myZou. Students will need to know their PawPrint ID and password to log into myZou.

Credit balance

Students who anticipate having a credit balance on their account can go to the Office of Cashiers site to see their options.

Part-time students

Student aid is based on full-time enrollment, but part-time enrollment is often considered for eligibility. If you anticipate being enrolled less than full-time, review the enrollment requirements (fall/spring & summer) or contact a financial aid adviser.

Military and VA Benefits

For information regarding VA benefits, please visit the MU Veterans Benefits website.