Once you have been admitted to the University of Missouri as a degree-seeking student in one of our distance degree programs, please complete this application and click submit.
Once your eligibility has been verified, the tuition award will appear as a reduction on your student account, you will not receive the funds directly.
- Spouses: You must be legally married to a veteran or a member of the Armed Forces.
- Dependent children under age 24: You must be declared as a dependent by a veteran or a member of the Armed Forces.
- The tuition award is not retroactive for previous enrollment.
- There is a cap to the number of credit hours. The tuition award is good for up to 150 cumulative credit hours of undergraduate credit or 75 cumulative credit hours of graduate credit.
- Additional eligibility requirements: You must remain a designated distance student and maintain a 2.0 GPA.
- FAFSA must be filed annually for all recipients.
- Active duty: No additional documentation required.
- Guard and Reservists: Submit a scanned copy of documentation of being in guard/reserves such as a paystub or confirmation letter.
- Veterans: Submit a scan of your DD214.
- Spouses: Upload a digital copy of the DD214 that connects you to a veteran or a member of the Armed Forces and upload a copy of your marriage certificate.
- Dependent children: Upload a digital copy of the DD214 form that connects you to a veteran or a member of the Armed Forces and a copy of your birth certificate or adoption papers.
- Important: Please block your social security number when you scan/fax your DD214 (e.g. cover that section with a temporary sticker).