Economics: Online master’s degree
Master of arts in economics (MA)
- Program type: Master’s degree
- Academic home: College of Arts and Science | Department of Economics
- Accreditation: Higher Learning Commission
- Delivery mode: 100 percent online
- Credit hours: 30
- Estimated program cost: $13,299.90*
*This cost is for illustrative purposes only. Your hours and costs will differ, depending on your transfer hours, course choices at Mizzou and your academic progress. See more about tuition and financial aid.
Get the degree you deserve
An online master’s degree in economics from MU can help you understand the inescapable phenomena of globalization and big data. If you want to acquire the essential hands-on skills to analyze large data sets related to international trade, international finance, economic development and the public sector, this may be the degree for you.
Program structure and topics
Delivery of this program is 100 percent online: no campus visits are required.
Courses are semester-based. Students typically take one or two classes each semester and finish in two years.
Course work covers
- Economic development
- International trade and monetary systems
- Macroeconomic and microeconomic theory
- Quantitative economics
In-state tuition rates
As a distance learner in a University of Missouri graduate program, you qualify for in-state tuition rates, regardless of where you live.
This program is administered by the Department of Economics.