Agricultural education and leadership: Online doctorate
Doctor of philosophy in agricultural education and leadership (PhD)
- Program type: Doctorate
- Academic home: College of Agriculture, Food and Natural Resources | Division of Applied Social Sciences | Department of Agricultural Education and Leadership
- Accreditation: Higher Learning Commission
- Delivery mode: Blended: some campus visits required
- Credit hours: 72
- Estimated program cost: $31,478.94*
*This cost is for illustrative purposes only. Your hours and costs will differ, depending on your transfer hours, course choices at Mizzou and your academic progress. See more about tuition and financial aid.
Get the degree you deserve
A doctorate in agricultural education from MU can help you advance your career in agricultural or extension education, communication or informal adult education. If you want to connect with expert faculty members and take an innovative, high-tech approach to agricultural education, this may be the degree for you.
Program structure and topics
Delivery of this program is blended: some campus visits are required.
Courses are semester-based. Students typically take two classes each semester session and finish the program in four years.
Course work covers
- Instructional design and delivery
- Teaching and learning theories and practices
- Educational program planning, evaluation, organization and administration
In-state tuition rates
As a distance learner in a University of Missouri graduate program, you qualify for in-state tuition rates, regardless of where you live.
Ask us about this program
This program is administered by the CAFNR Department of Agricultural Education and Leadership.