Get started with MUApply
How to apply
Fulfill the admission requirements:
- At least three years’ full-time appropriate teaching or other professional experience in elementary, secondary or higher education; or industry.
- Completed bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- Minimum GPA of 3.5 on prior graduate course work.
- Minimum GRE scores of 297 (verbal and quantitative) and 4.0 (analytical) on an exam taken in the last five years.
- If English is not your native language, please submit a TOEFL score of at least 80 (internet-based test), an IELTS score of at least 6.5, a Pearson Test of English (PTE) score of at least 59 or a Cambridge C1 Advanced score of at least 180.
- Correspondence with an agricultural education faculty member in the proposed area of concentration prior to submitting your application.
The program may further require you to pass a preliminary examination.
This program accepts rolling admissions, so, you can apply at any time. We recommend you submit your application six weeks before the beginning of the term in which you wish to start your course work.
|To start classes in||Apply by||Classes begin|
Gather your papers
Applying will be easier and faster if you gather these required documents beforehand:
- Transcripts of all previous college or university education. Upload unofficial transcripts in your online application. If you are accepted, you will be asked to provide official transcripts.
- GRE scores.
- Statement of purpose.
- Writing sample.
- Personal data sheet
- Three letters of recommendation. In the online application, you will need to supply names and contact details of three people who can attest to your professional competence, academic preparation and potential for graduate work. The Graduate School will contact your references with instructions regarding the letters.
- TOEFL, IELTS, PTE or C1 Advanced score reports for applicants whose native language is not English. For information on sending test scores, visit the Grad School website.
Complete the online application
Carefully follow the instructions on the application site.
- Upload the above documents in the online application
- Degree/delivery: Doctorate- Distance (Online/Remote Site/etc.)
- Academic program: Agricultural Education- Distance (PhD)
- Domestic application fee: $75.00
- International application fee: $100.00