Early childhood special education: Online master’s degree
Master of education in special education with an emphasis in early childhood special education (M Ed)
- Program type: Master’s degree
- Academic home: College of Education | Department of Special Education
- Delivery mode: 100 percent online
- Credit hours: 30
- Accreditation: Higher Learning Commission, Teacher Education Accreditation Council
- Estimated program cost: $12,494.70*
*This cost is for illustrative purposes only. Your hours and costs will differ, depending on your transfer hours, course choices at Mizzou and your academic progress. See more about tuition and financial aid.
Get the degree you deserve
The online master’s degree in early childhood special education from MU prepares you to work with young children, both those with disabilities as well as those who are at risk for school failure, and their families. If you want to advance or recharge your career, this may be the degree for you.
Program structure and topics
Delivery of this program is 100 percent online: no campus visits are required.
Courses are semester-based. Students typically take one or two classes each semester and finish in two years.
This program emphasizes
- Assessment methods
- Creating inclusive classrooms
- Curriculum development and implementation
- Language and early literacy development
- Research-based intervention strategies
- Problem behavior and positive behavioral supports
Grant funding for tuition
Behavior, Language and Literacy (BeLL)–Online is a grant-funded cohort program that results in a master's degree in early childhood special education. If you are accepted into and enroll in this program, the grant will cover your tuition as well as provide you with a stipend and travel funds.
Ask us about this program
This program is administered by the Department of Special Education .