Get started with MizzouApply here
How to apply
Fulfill the admission requirements:
- Completed bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 in the last 60 hours of undergraduate education.
- Application to this program does require you to submit GRE scores. If you have not taken the exam in the past five years, now is the time to do so.
- If English is not your native language, please submit a TOEFL score of at least 100 (internet-based test), an IELTS score of at least 7, a Pearson Test of English (PTE) score of at least 66 or a Cambridge C1 Advanced score of at least 190.
This program accepts rolling admissions, so you can apply at any time. We recommend you submit your application six weeks before the beginning of the term in which you wish to start your course work.
|To start classes in||Apply by||Classes begin|
Gather your papers
Applying will be easier and faster if you gather these required documents beforehand:
- Transcripts of all previous college or university education. Upload unofficial transcripts in your online application. If you are accepted, you will be asked to provide official transcripts.
- Personal data sheet including important biographical information and professional experience.
- Statement of purpose (500 words) summarizing your professional goals, career objectives, research interests, your motivation for graduate work and anything else you feel is important.
- Two letters of recommendation. In the online application, you will need to supply names and contact details of two people who can attest to your professional competence, academic preparation and potential for graduate work. Ideally, one should be a college or university professor who can discuss your academic abilities, and one should be an administrator or colleague who can describe your professional experience and potential. The Graduate School will contact your references with instructions regarding the letters.
- GRE scores
- TOEFL, IELTS, PTE or C1 Advanced score reports for applicants whose native language is not English. For information on sending test scores, visit the Grad School website.
- Please feel free to submit any other materials that you feel would give a clearer picture of your qualifications.
Complete the online application
Carefully follow the instructions on the application site.
- Upload the above documents in the online application
- Degree/delivery: Masters- Distance (Online/Remote Site/etc.)
- Academic program: Special Education/Early Childhood Spec Ed-Distance (MEd)