Early childhood education: Online master’s degree
Master of education in learning, teaching and curriculum with an emphasis in early childhood education (M Ed)
- Program type: Master’s degree
- Academic home: College of Education | Department of Learning, Teaching and Curriculum
- Accreditation: Higher Learning Commission, Teacher Education Accreditation Council
- Delivery mode: 100 percent online
- Credit hours: 30
- Estimated program cost: $13,903.50*
*This cost is for illustrative purposes only. Your hours and costs will differ, depending on your transfer hours, course choices at Mizzou and your academic progress. See more about tuition and financial aid.
Get the degree you deserve
The online master’s degree in early childhood education from MU can help you better design, implement and evaluate educational services for children from birth through age 8, especially those with special needs and those with challenging behaviors. If you want to advance or recharge your teaching career, this may be the degree for you.
Program structure and topics
Delivery of this program is 100 percent online: no campus visits are required.
Courses are semester-based. Students typically take one or two classes each semester and finish in two years.
This program emphasizes
- Working with diverse groups of children and families
- Working with children with disabilities, including autism
- Implementing appropriate assessment methods
- Creating inclusive classrooms
- Promoting and enhancing language and early literacy development
- Positive approaches to addressing children's social and emotional development
In-state tuition rates
As a distance learner in a University of Missouri graduate program, you qualify for in-state tuition rates, regardless of where you live.
This program is administered by the Department of Learning, Teaching and Curriculum.