Elementary education: Online master’s degree
Master of education in learning, teaching and curriculum with an emphasis in elementary education (M Ed)
- Program type: Master’s degree
- Academic home: College of Education | Department of Learning, Teaching and Curriculum
- Accreditation: Higher Learning Commission, Teacher Education Accreditation Council
- Delivery mode: 100 percent online
- Credit hours: 30
- Estimated program cost: $13,001.10*
*This cost is for illustrative purposes only. Your hours and costs will differ, depending on your transfer hours, course choices at Mizzou and your academic progress. See more about tuition and financial aid.
How an online elementary education master’s degree can help you
The online master’s degree in elementary education from MU is designed to support new elementary school teachers in the early stages of their career. With a classroom-focused approach, bridging research and practice with relevant course work and mentorship, this program prepares early-career teachers for success.
Program structure and topics
The online master’s in elementary education is 100 percent online: no campus visits are required.
Students take four to eight credit hours each semester session and finish the program in two years.
Course work covers
- Managing classrooms for learning
- Meeting the needs of all learners
- Culturally responsive pedagogy
- Curriculum development
- Classroom research
MPER Early Career Scholars Program
MPER Early Career
If you are a first-, second- or third-year teacher, and teach in an MPER partner school district, you might qualify for a 50 percent tuition sponsorship from the College of Education.
This program is administered by the Department of Learning, Teaching and Curriculum .