Get started with MizzouApply here
How to apply
Fulfill the admission requirements:
- Completion of an accredited teacher education program and baccalaureate degree by May.
- Eligible to be recommended for certification in the state of Missouri by June (only for MO residents).
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 in the last 60 hours of undergraduate education. See note regarding letters of recommendation below.
- If English is not your native language, please submit a TOEFL score of at least 80 (internet-based test), an IELTS score of at least 6.5, a Pearson Test of English (PTE) score of at least 59 or a Cambridge C1 Advanced score of at least 180.
The MPER Early Career Scholars Program has additional admission requirements:
- You must be an early-career teacher in your first, second or third year of teaching.
- You must be hired as a full-time teacher in an MPER partner district.
This program accepts rolling admissions, so you can apply at any time. We recommend that you submit your application at least six weeks before the beginning of the term in which you wish to start your course work. The deadlines below are priority application dates.
|To start classes in||Apply by||Classes begin|
Gather your papers
Applying will be easier and faster if you gather these required documents beforehand:
- Transcripts of all previous college or university education. Upload unofficial transcripts in your online application. If you are accepted, you will be asked to provide official transcripts.
- Personal data sheet including important biographical information and professional experience as requested on the application.
- Statement of purpose describing your academic and career background and goals.
- Résumé or CV.
- Missouri Content Assessment scores, Praxis Exam Certification Score Report or comparable teacher certification exam scores for the state you live in.
- Two letters of recommendation from two people who are well-acquainted with your academic experience and can attest to your intellectual, experiential and interpersonal abilities. At least one of these letters must come from a professor or other academic official. You will supply only the names and contact details of your references; the Graduate School will instruct them on how to upload their letters to your application.
- TOEFL, IELTS, PTE or C1 Advanced score reports for applicants whose native language is not English. For information on sending test scores, visit the Grad School website.
The MPER Early Career Scholars Program requires additional application components:
- Application statement and writing pieces.
- Three letters of recommendation.
Complete the online application
Carefully follow the instructions on the application site.
- Upload the above documents in the online application
- Degree/delivery: Masters- Distance (Online/Remote Site/etc.)
- Academic program: Learning, Teaching and Curriculum/Elementary Education, MPER Scholars-Distance (MEd)
Note: If you are interested in applying for this program, but do not qualify for the MPER Early Career Scholars Program, please reach out to email@example.com.