Gifted education: Online master’s degree
Master of education in special education with an emphasis in gifted education (M Ed)
- Program type: Master’s degree
- Academic home: College of Education | Department of Special Education
- Accreditation: Higher Learning Commission, Teacher Education Accreditation Council
- Delivery mode: 100 percent online
- Credit hours: 30
- Estimated program cost: $13,903.50*
*This cost is for illustrative purposes only. Your hours and costs will differ, depending on your transfer hours, course choices at Mizzou and your academic progress. See more about tuition and financial aid.
Get the degree you deserve
The online master’s degree in gifted education from MU will help you truly see what gifted and talented students need from their learning experience. If you want your classroom to be the most effectual and dynamic place it can be, this may be the degree for you.
Program structure and topics
Delivery of this program is 100 percent online: no campus visits are required.
Courses are semester-based. Students typically take one or two classes each semester and finish in two to three years.
Gifted education course work covers
- Assessment and evaluation
- Curriculum methods
- Instructional leadership, technology and strategies
- Learning theory
- Nature and needs of gifted students
- Research with exceptional children
Missouri gifted certification preparation
The 23 hours of gifted courses in the master’s program course work meets Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE) requirements for Missouri gifted education certification.
This program is administered by the Department of Special Education.