Learning technologies and design: Online master's degree
Master of science in learning technologies and design (MS)
- Program type: Master’s degree
- Academic home: College of Education | School of Information Science and Learning Technologies
- Accreditation: Higher Learning Commission
- Delivery mode: 100 percent online
- Credit hours: 30
- Estimated program cost: $13,590.90*
*This cost is for illustrative purposes only. Your hours and costs will differ, depending on your transfer hours, course choices at Mizzou and your academic progress. See more about tuition and financial aid.
Get the degree you deserve
The online master's degree in learning technologies and design from MU can help you develop the knowledge and skills required to design learning systems and develop digital media and network applications. If you want to work collaboratively with faculty and other students to produce a portfolio that documents your work and accomplishments, this may be the degree for you.
Program structure and topics
Delivery of this program is 100 percent online: no campus visits are required.
Courses are semester-based. Students typically take one or two classes each semester and finish in two years.
Course work covers
- Digital media
- Online course design and instruction
- Web design and development skills
- Web app and mobile app development
- Rapid design of web-based learning
- Game design and development
- Makerspace and 3D printing
In-state tuition rates
As a distance learner in a University of Missouri graduate program, you qualify for in-state tuition rates, regardless of where you live.
Ask us about this program
This program is administered by the School of Information Science and Learning Technologies. SISLT is a proud member of the iSchools consortium, an international coalition of leading information schools.