Missouri K-12 ESOL certification preparation
Online certification preparation courses
- Program type: Individual certification preparation courses
- Academic home: College of Education | Department of Learning, Teaching and Curriculum
- Delivery mode: 100 percent online
- Credit hours: 24
- Estimated program cost: $10,400.88*
*This cost is for illustrative purposes only. Your hours and costs will differ, depending on your transfer hours, course choices at Mizzou and your academic progress. See more about tuition and financial aid.
How online Missouri K-12 certification preparation can help you
This online program is designed to meet the needs of practicing teachers who already have initial teacher certification and are seeking ESOL Certification in the state of Missouri. While other states in the U.S. may accept these courses towards ESOL certification, applicants should inquire with their state educational accrediting entity to confirm that TESOL courses from MU will meet their local requirements.
The TESOL courses in this program encompass all educational competencies required by the Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE) for Missouri ESOL certification.
Program structure and topics
Delivery of this program is 100 percent online: no campus visits are required.
Courses are semester-based. Most students study part time, taking two classes per semester, and complete the course work in just two years, depending on previous course work taken or a DESE transcript review.
Course work covers
- Second Language Acquisition
- Language and Culture for Educators
- Second Language Assessment
- Methods for Teaching English Language Learners
- Developing ESOL Curriculum
- Linguistics for Educators
- ESOL Practicum
Compare TESOL options
The University of Missouri offers three online TESOL programs. All programs are 100 percent online. Compare them today and see which one is right for you.
This program is administered by the Department of Learning, Teaching and Curriculum .