Health informatics: Online graduate certificate
Graduate certificate in health informatics
- Program type: Graduate certificate
- Academic home: School of Medicine | Department of Health Management and Informatics
- Delivery mode: Blended; some campus visits are required
- Credit hours: 12
- Accreditation: Higher Learning Commission
- Estimated program cost: $9,165.24*
*This cost is for illustrative purposes only. Your hours and costs will differ, depending on your transfer hours, course choices at Mizzou and your academic progress. See more about tuition and financial aid.
Get the certificate you deserve
The online graduate certificate in health informatics from MU can help you improve the quality, safety and efficiency of health services. If you want to help lead the development, use and evaluation of information technology in health care, this may be the certificate for you.
Program structure and topics
Delivery of this program is blended; some weekend campus visits are required.
Courses are semester-based. Students typically take one or two classes each semester and finish in just one year.
Course work covers
- Clinical, research and administrative applications of information systems in health services delivery
- Analysis of technical and policy issues surrounding the security of data
- Organization, development and improvement of the infrastructure necessary to support an enterprise information system for patient care
- Application of principles and techniques of decision support systems in health care
In-state tuition rates
As a distance learner in a University of Missouri graduate program, you qualify for in-state tuition rates, regardless of where you live.
This program is administered by the Department of Health Management and Informatics.