Life science innovation and entrepreneurship: Online graduate certificate
Graduate certificate in life science innovation and entrepreneurship
Delivery of this program is 100 percent online: no campus visits are required.
Successful completion of the program requires 12 credit hours across four courses. After Spring 2018, you may complete the certificate in one year by taking two courses per semester in an asynchronous fashion.
The chart below shows when the courses are offered. Courses are 3 credit hours each, unless stated otherwise. The University reserves the right to change or cancel courses as needed.
|MPP 8000 Scientific Discovery Leading to Life Science Innovations||X|
|BIOL_EN 8100 Design and Development of Biomedical Innovations||X|
|MANGMT 8200 Commercialization of Life Science Innovations||X|
|MPP 8004 Regulatory Issues in Clinical Research and Clinical Trials||X|
The University of Missouri is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission, one of six regional institutional accreditors in the United States.
How to apply
Fulfill the admission requirements:
- Completed bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 in the last 60 hours of undergraduate education.
- If English is not your native language, please submit a TOEFL score of at least 80 (internet-based test) or an IELTS score of at least 6.5.
- GRE scores are not required.
Mark your calendar
This program accepts rolling admissions, so you can apply at any time. We recommend you submit your application six weeks before the beginning of the term in which you wish to start your course work.
|To start classes in||Apply by||Classes begin|
Gather your papers
Applying will be easier and faster if you gather these required documents beforehand:
- Transcripts of all previous college or university education. Upload unofficial transcripts in your online application. If you are accepted, you will be asked to provide official transcripts.
- TOEFL or IELTS score reports for applicants whose native language is not English.
- Statement of Purpose explaining why you wish to pursue a graduate certificate.
Complete the online application
Carefully follow the instructions on the application site.
- Upload the above documents in the online application
- Degree/Delivery: Graduate Certificate- Distance (Online/Remote Site/etc.)
- Academic Program: Life Sciences Innovation and Entrepreneurship- Distance (Grad Cert)
- TOEFL or IELTS scores: Institution Code 6875 (if applicable)
Ask us about this program
For information about academic issues or course content, please contact
This program is administered by the School of Medicine.