Pediatric nurse practitioner-primary care: Online doctorate
Doctor of nursing practice with an emphasis in pediatric nurse practitioner-primary care (DNP)
- Program type: Doctorate
- Academic home: Sinclair School of Nursing
- Accreditation: Higher Learning Commission, Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
- Delivery mode: Blended, some campus visits required
- Credit hours: Approximately 72
- Estimated program cost: $38,386.96*
*This cost is for illustrative purposes only. Your hours and costs will differ, depending on your transfer hours, course choices at Mizzou and your academic progress. See more about tuition and financial aid.
Get the degree you deserve
A doctorate in nursing practice from MU can help you advance your career in pediatrics. If you want to provide comprehensive health care from birth through young adulthood in primary or specialty settings, this could be the program for you.
Graduates will be eligible for certification from the following bodies:
Program structure and topics
Delivery of this program is blended: You will complete most course work online, but an on-campus visit is required for five days during the summer before course work begins for orientation to the DNP program. Additional campus visits will be required throughout the program.
Courses are semester-based. How long it takes to complete the program depends on your academic progress so far. If already have a master’s degree, you can study part time and complete the program in three years. If you have a bachelor’s degree and want to study part time, the program is more likely to take you five or six years.
Course work covers, among others
- Family dynamics
- Neurodevelopmental assessment and chronic care coordination for children and adolescents with special needs or chronic illness
- Clinical management of sexual and reproductive health needs
- Pediatric mental health assessment and management
- Comprehensive health care from birth through young adulthood
- Pediatric physiology/pathophysiology
Live webinar: Jan. 23! Register today.
Learn more about the DNP during a live online presentation by Miriam Butler from MU's Sinclair School of Nursing. Get answers to your career questions.
This program is administered by the Sinclair School of Nursing.