RN-to-BSN: Online bachelor’s degree completion
Bachelor of science in nursing (BSN)
- Program type: Bachelor’s degree completion
- Academic home: Sinclair School of Nursing
- Accreditation: Higher Learning Commission, Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
- Delivery mode: 100% Online
- Total credit hours: 120
- Typical transfer student needs: 30 credit hours
- Estimated program cost: $12,026.50*
*This cost is for illustrative purposes only. A bachelor’s degree requires 120 credit hours, but the typical transfer student admitted to this program needs only 30 credit hours to complete this bachelor’s degree. Your hours and costs will differ, depending on your transfer hours, residency, course choices at Mizzou and your academic progress. See more about tuition and financial aid.
Get the degree you deserve
The RN-to-BSN online option from MU emphasizes critical thinking and practice skills necessary for clinical management of patients within a constantly changing health care environment. If you are a registered nurse seeking a bachelor of science in nursing, this may be the degree for you.
Program structure and topics
This program is 100 percent online: no campus visits are required.
Your plan of study will include N4970 Nursing in Communities (4 credit hours, offered in summer), which has a 90-hour clinical. You may complete this clinical including using a local community agency.
Course work covers
- Communication and computer skills
- Health assessment and pathophysiology
- Nursing ethics and law
- Nursing issues, leadership and management
- Nursing theory and research
Want a 10 percent reduction on your tuition? Mizzou Online offers tuition awards for community college graduates, veterans, military service members and their dependents.
Ask us about this program
This program is administered by the Sinclair School of Nursing.