Get started with MUApply
How to apply
Fulfill the admission requirements
- Completed bachelor’s or advanced degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- A minimum GPA of 3.0 in the last 60 hours of undergraduate education.
This program accepts rolling admissions, so you can apply at any time. We recommend you submit your application at least six weeks before the beginning of the term in which you wish to start your course work.
|To start classes in||Apply by||Classes begin|
|Fall, 16-week session||July 15||August|
|Spring, 16-week session||Dec. 1||January|
Gather your papers
- Transcripts of all previous college or university education. Upload unofficial transcripts in your online application. If you are accepted, you will be asked to provide official transcripts.
- CV or résumé
- Statement of purpose Outlining your career goals. For information, see Applying to Online Graduate Programs/Human Development and Family Science
- TOEFL, IELTS, PTE or C1 Advanced score reports for applicants whose native language is not English. For information on sending test scores, visit the Grad School website. If English is not your native language, please submit a TOEFL score of at least 80 (internet-based test), an IELTS score of at least 6.5, a Pearson Test of English (PTE) score of at least 59 or a Cambridge C1 Advanced score of at least 180.
- GRE scores are NOT required. The department takes a holistic approach in determining applicants’ fit and potential for success in graduate school.
- Language Testing Waiver: Graduate School may waive the language testing requirement for international applicants who meet certain language requirements. For more information, visit: International Applicants | University of Missouri Graduate School
- Three letters of recommendation. In the online application, you will need to supply the name and contact details of a professor, employer, or other credible reference (e.g. supervisor) who can attest to your professional competence, academic preparation and potential for graduate work.
Complete the online application
Carefully follow the instructions on the application site.
- Upload the above documents in the online application
- Degree/delivery: Graduate Certificate- Distance (Online/Remote Site/etc.)
- Academic program: Administration and Management of Family and Community Services-Distance (Grad Cert)
- Application fee: $40.00
Application fee waiver questions: Contact MU Graduate Admissions with questions via 573-882-6311 or (800)-877-6312 or via email at email@example.com
Learn more about this program
This program is administered by the Department of Human Development and Family Science
Ashlie Lester, PhD
- Associate Teaching Professor, Director of Graduate Studies, Department of Human Development and Family Science