Get started with MUApply
How to apply
Fulfill the admission requirements
- Completed bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 in the last 60 hours of undergraduate education.
- If English is not your native language, please submit a TOEFL score of at least 80 (internet-based test), an IELTS score of at least 6.5, a Pearson Test of English (PTE) score of at least 59 or a Cambridge C1 Advanced score of at least 180.
- GRE scores are not required.
This program accepts rolling admissions, so you can apply at any time. We recommend you submit your application six weeks before the beginning of the term in which you wish to start your course work.
|To start classes in||Apply by||Classes begin|
|Fall, 16-week session||July 1||August|
|Fall, 2nd 8-week session||Sept. 1||October|
|Spring, 16-week session||Nov. 1||January|
|Spring, 2nd 8-week session||Feb. 1||March|
Gather your papers
Applying will be easier and faster if you gather these required documents beforehand:
- Transcripts of all previous college or university education. Upload unofficial transcripts in your online application. If you are accepted, you will be asked to provide official transcripts.
- A statement of purpose, briefly describing how this program will benefit your career and help you act upon your personal beliefs, goals and philosophy (500 words maximum).
- Two letters of recommendation. In the online application, you will need to supply names and contact details of two professionals who can attest to your critical thinking, analytical and writing skills, demonstrating your potential as a graduate student and professional. Your references will be contacted with instructions regarding the letters.
- Résumé or CV.
- TOEFL, IELTS, PTE or C1 Advanced score reports for applicants whose native language is not English. For information on sending test scores, visit the Graduate School website.
Complete the online application
Carefully follow the instructions on the application site.
- Upload the above documents in the online application
- Degree/delivery: Graduate Certificate- Distance (Online/Remote Site/etc.)
- Academic program: Global Public Affairs-Distance (Grad Cert)
- Application fee: $40.00