Get started with MizzouApply here
A master’s degree in public health from MU can help you advance your career in population-based or public health service. If you want to promote the health and well-being of communities in Missouri and elsewhere, this may be the degree for you.
Official nameMaster of public health with an emphasis in health promotion and policy
CampusUniversity of Missouri
Program typeMaster's degree
Academic homeSchool of Health Professions | Department of Public Health
Delivery mode100% online
AccreditationHigher Learning Commission, Council on Education for Public Health
*This cost is for illustrative purposes only. Your hours and costs will differ, depending on your transfer hours, course choices and your academic progress. See more about tuition and financial aid.
Job titles of recent MPH graduates
- HIV case manager
- Prevention coordinator
- Research analyst
- Statewide community organizer
- Tobacco-free community project coordinator
The online master’s in public health is 100 percent online: no campus visits are required.
Students typically take two classes each semester session and finish the program in three years.
Course work covers
- Principles of public health
- Perspectives in global health
- Public health research methods
- Health care in the United States
- Community-based public health interventions
- Health program design and management