Get started with MizzouApply here
The online graduate certificate in life science innovation and entrepreneurship from MU will help you translate biomedical research into health-related and economic benefits. If you want to help bring new discoveries into the marketplace, this may be the certificate for you.
A certificate in life science innovation and entrepreneurship at the University of Missouri will broaden the training of graduate and professional students from the fields of business, engineering and medicine, among others. As a collaboration among MU’s Trulaske College of Business, College of Engineering and School of Medicine, the program will prepare participants for a wider range of employment opportunities and provide core skills for entrepreneurial endeavors. This graduate certificate program focuses on biomedical innovation with core topics that include identifying clinical needs, designing a solution (drug or device), commercializing and regulatory issues in clinical research.
Through an interdisciplinary approach, the program will teach graduate and professional students how to translate life science discoveries into products and services that will improve health.
- Know and understand the life sciences industry well enough to be familiar with terms, trends, issues and industry culture in order to be able to recognize needs that may be commercially viable.
- Know and understand the design process of drug and device solutions.
- Know how to commercialize new life science discoveries into products and services to improve health in humans and/or animals.
Official nameGraduate certificate in life science innovation and entrepreneurship
CampusUniversity of Missouri
Program typeGraduate certificate
Academic homeSchool of Medicine
Delivery mode100% online
AccreditationHigher Learning Commission
*This cost is for illustrative purposes only. Your hours and costs will differ, depending on your transfer hours, your course choices and your academic progress. See more about tuition and financial aid.
Career opportunities include key positions in
- Academic institutions
- Federal agencies
- Health care organizations
- Pharmaceutical companies
- Research organizations/institutes
- Small business centers
Delivery of this program is 100 percent online: no campus visits are required.
Courses are semester-based. You may complete the certificate in one year by taking two courses per semester in an asynchronous fashion.
Course work includes
- Commercial viability
- Life science methods and research tools
- Market assessment and competitive landscape
- Patents and intellectual property basics
- Terms, trends, issues and industry culture