Get started with MizzouApply here
How to apply
Fulfill the admission requirements:
- Baccalaureate or master's degree in nursing from a program accredited by a national organization responsible for nursing accreditation or related field for DNP leadership students. Your degree also must be from a regionally accredited program from the Higher Learning Commission.
- Minimum GPA of 3.5 for applicants with a master’s degree in nursing.
- Applicants who do not meet the minimum GPA requirements for their BSN or MS also may provide additional evidence documenting examples of outstanding professional leadership, practice and/or scholarship for special consideration.
- If English is not your native language, please submit a TOEFL score of at least 80 (internet-based test), an IELTS score of at least 6.5, a Pearson Test of English (PTE) score of at least 59 or a Cambridge C1 Advanced score of at least 180.
This program accepts rolling admissions, so you can apply at any time. We recommend applying early as applications are considered as they are received.
|To start classes in||Apply by||Classes begin|
Gather your papers
Applying will be easier and faster if you gather these required documents beforehand:
- Transcripts of all previous college or university education. Unofficial transcripts suffice for application; if you are accepted, you will be asked to provide official transcripts.
- Additional evidence of your outstanding professional leadership, practice or scholarship for special consideration if you don’t meet the GPA requirements.
- TOEFL, IELTS, PTE or C1 Advanced score reports for applicants whose native language is not English. For information on sending test scores, visit the Grad School website.
- Complete an interview.
- Kira Talent is the platform utilized to complete your interview. Kira is integrated with Nursing CAS, and you will be able to access and complete your interview through CAS.
- There are both video recorded verbal questions and written questions.
- Copies of current, unencumbered registered nurse license(s.)
- Copies of all advanced practice nursing certification and/or credentialing/recognition documents (for applicants with masters’ degrees).
- Verification of clinical hours from previous MSN and/or certificate programs.
- Curriculum vitae documenting education, work experience, leadership, professional organization activities and scholarly endeavors (e.g. publications, presentations, research, honors, awards).
- Three professional recommendations from master’s or doctorally prepared nurses or faculty members who can address your potential or ability to function in the advanced practice nursing role (i.e. clinical skills, critical thinking, independent decision making, collaboration and communication with other health professionals, and leadership abilities).
- If you are currently enrolled in a nursing program, submit at least one recommendation from a current faculty member in that program.
- Do not include recommendations from friends, fellow staff nurses or ministers.
- Submit names and contact details for recommendation providers within the online application.
Complete the MU Graduate School application
After you’ve been notified that your application to the program has been reviewed and accepted by the Sinclair School of Nursing, you will formally apply to MU through the Graduate School.
Carefully follow the instructions on the application site.
- Degree/Delivery: Doctorate- Distance (Online/Remote Site/etc.)
- Academic Program: Nursing/ Nurse Leadership and Innovations in Health Care/Doctorate of Nursing Practice (DNP)