Get started with MizzouApply here
How to apply
You also must undergo an interview (in person or via phone or video chat) with three members of the program faculty. This requirement is waived if you are currently enrolled in graduate studies at MU and making satisfactory progress.
Fulfill the admission requirements:
- Completed bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 in the last 60 hours of undergraduate education.
- If English is not your native language, please submit a TOEFL score of at least 80 (internet-based test), an IELTS score of at least 6.5, a Pearson Test of English (PTE) score of at least 59 or a Cambridge C1 Advanced score of at least 180.
- GRE scores are not required.
This program accepts rolling admissions, so you can apply at any time. We recommend you submit your application six weeks before the beginning of the term in which you wish to start your course work.
Gather your papers
Applying will be easier and faster if you gather these required documents beforehand:
- Transcripts of all previous college or university education. Upload unofficial transcripts in your online application. If you are accepted, you will be asked to provide official transcripts.
- Résumé or CV.
- Essay (500 words) describing your research interests, professional goals and how participation in the graduate certificate program will enhance these goals.
- Two professional recommendations. Submit names and contact details for recommendation providers within the online application. This requirement is waived if you are currently enrolled in graduate studies at MU and making satisfactory progress.
- TOEFL, IELTS, PTE or C1 Advanced score reports for applicants whose native language is not English. For information on sending test scores, visit the Grad School website.
Complete the online application
Carefully follow the instructions on the application site.
- Upload the above documents in the online application
- Degree/delivery: Graduate Certificate- Distance (Online/Remote Site/etc.)
- Academic program: Participatory Health Research-Distance (Grad Cert)