Get started with MUApply here
How to apply
Fulfill the admission requirements:
- Qualified candidates must be either veterinarians (graduates of an AVMA-accredited college of veterinary medicine) or veterinary technologists (graduates of an AVMA-accredited veterinary technician/technologist program with a baccalaureate degree).
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 in the last 60 hours of undergraduate education.
- If English is not your native language, please submit a TOEFL score of at least 80 (internet-based test), an IELTS score of at least 6.5, a Pearson Test of English (PTE) score of at least 59 or a Cambridge C1 Advanced score of at least 180.
- Minimum GRE scores of 291 (combined verbal and quantitative) and 4.0 (analytical writing). You may strengthen your application by taking the appropriate advanced portion of the GRE.
This program accepts rolling admissions, so you can apply at any time. We recommend you submit your application at least eight weeks before the beginning of the term in which you wish to start your course work.
|To start classes in
Gather your papers
Applying will be easier and faster if you gather these required documents beforehand.
- Transcripts of all previous college or university education. Upload unofficial transcripts in your online application. If you are accepted, you will be asked to provide official transcripts.
- TOEFL, IELTS, PTE or C1 Advanced score reports for applicants whose native language is not English. For information on sending test scores, visit the Grad School website.
- Personal statement addressed to the graduate director stating why you want to pursue graduate study in biomedical sciences at MU, your research experience and interest area (list any publications or presentations at national meetings), and your career goals.
- Résumé or CV.
- Three letters of recommendation. In the online application, you will need to supply names and contact details of three people (e.g., professors) who can attest to your professional competence, academic preparation and potential for graduate work. The Graduate School will contact your references with instructions regarding the letters.
Veterinary sciences pre-application survey
Completing this online pre-application survey is recommended to provide a review of your credentials before you submit an official application.
Complete the online application
Carefully follow the instructions on the application site.
- Upload the above documents in the online application
- Degree/delivery: Masters- Distance (Online/Remote Site/etc.)
- Academic program: Biomedical Sciences/Veterinary Sciences- Distance (MS)
- Domestic application fee: $75.00
- International application fee: $100.00