Food safety and defense: Online graduate certificate
Graduate certificate in food safety and defense
- Program type: Graduate certificate
- Academic home: College of Agriculture, Food and Natural Resources (CAFNR) | Division of Food Systems and Bioengineering | Department of Food Science
- Delivery mode: 100 percent online
- Credit hours: 12
- Accreditation: Higher Learning Commission
- Estimated program cost: $6,780*
*This cost is for illustrative purposes only. Your hours and costs will differ, depending on your transfer hours, course choices at Mizzou and your academic progress. See more about tuition and financial aid.
Get the certificate you deserve
A graduate certificate in food safety from MU can help you advance your career in protecting our food supply from accidental or deliberate contamination. If you are a food industry or agency professional who needs to deal effectively with food safety and biosecurity issues, this may be the certificate for you.
Program structure and topics
The online graduate certificate in food safety and defense is 100 percent online: no campus visits are required.
Students typically take two classes each semester session and finish the program in less than three years.
Course work covers
- Food fermentations
- Food biotechnology
- Food laws, safety and security
- Foodborne toxicants
- Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) programs
- Risk assessment for food
Great Plains AG*IDEA
Great Plains AG*IDEA is a consortium of 19 universities offering fully online graduate programs and courses in agriculture disciplines. Students apply to and are admitted by one university, enroll in all of their courses through that university and graduate from that university. However, the online courses are taught by faculty in the discipline from several universities.
Ask us about this program
This program is administered by the Department of Food Science.