Get started with MizzouApply here
How to apply
Fulfill the admission requirements:
- Completed baccalaureate in chemistry and biology or food science from a regionally accredited institution.
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 in the last 60 hours of undergraduate education.
- If English is not your native language, please submit a TOEFL score of at least 80 (internet-based test), an IELTS score of at least 6.5, a Pearson Test of English (PTE) score of at least 59 or a Cambridge C1 Advanced score of at least 180.
- GRE scores are not required.
This program accepts rolling admissions, so you can apply at any time. We recommend you submit your application at least six weeks before the beginning of the term in which you wish to start your course work.
|To start classes in||Apply by||Classes begin|
Gather your papers
Applying will be easier and faster if you gather these required documents beforehand:
- Transcripts of all previous college or university education. Upload unofficial transcripts in your online application. If you are accepted, you will be asked to provide official transcripts.
- GRE scores (optional)
- At least two letters of recommendation. In the online application, you will need to supply names and contact details of two or more people who can attest to your professional competence, academic preparation and potential for graduate work. One should be a college or university professor who can discuss your academic abilities, and one should be an administrator or colleague who can describe authoritatively your professional experience and potential. The Graduate School will contact your references with instructions regarding the letters.
- TOEFL, IELTS, PTE or C1 Advanced score reports for applicants whose native language is not English. For information on sending test scores, visit the Grad School website.
Complete the online application
Carefully follow the instructions on the application site.
- Upload the above documents in the online application
- Degree/delivery: Graduate Certificate- Distance (Online/Remote Site/etc.)
- Academic program: Food Safety & Defense-Distance (Grad Cert)
- Application fee: $40.00