Mathematics education: Online master’s degree
Master of education in learning, teaching and curriculum with an emphasis in mathematics education (M Ed)
- Program type: Master’s degree
- Academic home: College of Education | Department of Learning, Teaching and Curriculum
- Accreditation: Higher Learning Commission, Teacher Education Accreditation Council
- Delivery mode: 100 percent online
- Credit hours: 30
- Estimated program cost: $13,590.90*
*This cost is for illustrative purposes only. Your hours and costs will differ, depending on your transfer hours, course choices at Mizzou and your academic progress. See more about tuition and financial aid.
Get the degree you deserve
The online master’s degree in mathematics education from MU can help you build your expertise. If you are a certified, practicing teacher wanting to fulfill your continuing education requirements while preparing for a leadership position, this may be the degree for you.
Program structure and topics
Delivery of this program is 100 percent online: no campus visits are required. However, you may choose to enroll in electives that require face-to-face meetings on campus.
Courses are semester-based. Students typically take one or two classes each semester and finish in two years.
Course work may be tailored for teachers of any grade level with optional areas of focus in elementary or secondary education.
This program emphasizes
- Current issues in mathematics education
- Elementary or secondary mathematics content
- Increasing equity in mathematics teaching and learning
- Recent research in mathematics education
- Strategies for incorporating technology into mathematics instruction
Note This program does not lead to initial teacher certification.
MPER Early Career Scholars Program
MPER Early Career
If you are a first-, second- or third-year teacher, and teach in an MPER partner school district, you might qualify for a 50 percent tuition sponsorship from the College of Education.
This program is administered by the Department of Learning, Teaching and Curriculum.