International students should apply by March 1 for fall, Oct. 1 for spring and Feb. 1 for summer.
Get started with MizzouApply here
How to apply
Fulfill the admission requirements:
- While this program is intended for certified mathematics instructors, certification is not required for admission.
- Two years of teaching experience in a related field
- Completed bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 in the last 60 hours of undergraduate education. See note regarding letters of recommendation below.
- If English is not your native language, please submit a TOEFL score of at least 80 (internet-based test), an IELTS score of at least 6.5, a Pearson Test of English (PTE) score of at least 59 or a Cambridge C1 Advanced score of at least 180.
This program accepts rolling admissions, so you can apply at any time. We recommend that you submit your application at least six weeks before the beginning of the term in which you wish to start your course work. The deadlines below are priority application dates.
|To start classes in||Apply by||Classes begin|
Gather your papers
Applying will be easier and faster if you gather these required documents beforehand:
- Transcripts of all previous college or university education. Upload unofficial transcripts in your online application. If you are accepted, you will be asked to provide official transcripts.
- Résumé or CV.
- Two letters of recommendation. In the online application, you will need to supply names and contact details of two people who can attest to your professional competence, academic preparation and potential for graduate work. If your GPA is below 3.0 or you are an international student (have an international transcript), three letters are required. The Graduate School will contact your references with instructions regarding the letters.
- Personal data sheet and brief statement of purpose regarding your reasons for undertaking graduate study, including career objectives, motivation for advanced level studies and other pertinent information.
- TOEFL, IELTS, PTE or C1 Advanced score reports for applicants whose native language is not English. For information on sending test scores, visit the Grad School website.
Complete the online application
Carefully follow the instructions on the application site.
- Upload the above documents in the online application
- Degree/delivery: Masters- Distance (Online/Remote Site/etc.)
- Academic program: Learning, Teaching & Curriculum/Mathematics Education-Distance, For teachers already certified (MEd)