Online education: Online master’s degree
Master of science in learning technologies and design with an emphasis in online education (MS)
- Program type: Master’s degree
- Academic home: College of Education | School of Information Science and Learning Technologies
- Delivery mode: 100 percent online
- Credit hours: 30
- Accreditation: Higher Learning Commission
- Estimated program cost: $13,001.10*
*This cost is for illustrative purposes only. Your hours and costs will differ, depending on your transfer hours, course choices at Mizzou and your academic progress. See more about tuition and financial aid.
Get the degree you deserve
The online master's degree in online education from MU can help you advance your career fulfilling the demand for distance learning alternatives in corporate, military, government and health care professions, as well as K–12 and higher education. If you want to design, deliver and evaluate effective online learning experiences, this may be the degree for you.
Program structure and topics
Delivery of this program is 100 percent online: no campus visits are required.
Courses are semester-based, with 8-week and 16-week courses. Students typically take one or two classes each semester and finish in two years.
Course work covers
- Online course design and instruction
- Learning management systems
- Rapid design of web based learning
- Game design and development
- Digital media skills
In-state tuition rates
As a distance learner in a University of Missouri graduate program, you qualify for in-state tuition rates, regardless of where you live.
Ask us about this program
This program is administered by the School of Information Science and Learning Technologies. SISLT is a proud member of the iSchools consortium, an international coalition of leading information schools.