Get started with MizzouApply here
How to apply
Fulfill the admission requirements:
- Completed bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 in the last 60 hours of undergraduate education.
- If English is not your native language, please submit a TOEFL score of at least 80 (internet-based test), an IELTS score of at least 6.5, a Pearson Test of English (PTE) score of at least 59 or a Cambridge C1 Advanced score of at least 180.
- GRE scores are not required.
If you do not meet one of the above requirements, the department may admit you on the condition that you maintain a minimum GPA of 3.0 during your first 12 credit hours of graduate course work, with no grade lower than a B.
This program accepts rolling admissions, so you can apply at any time. We recommend you submit your application six weeks before the beginning of the term in which you wish to start your course work.
|To start classes in||Apply by||Classes begin|
|Fall, regular semester and first 8-week session||July 1||Late August|
|Fall, second 8-week session||Sept. 1||Mid-October|
|Spring, regular semester and first 8-week session||Dec. 1||Mid-January|
|Spring, second 8-week session||Feb. 1||Early April|
|Summer||May 1||Early June|
Gather your papers
Applying will be easier and faster if you gather these required documents beforehand:
- Transcripts of all previous college or university education. Have official transcripts sent to Graduate Admissions, 210 Jesse Hall, Columbia, MO 65211.
- Résumé or CV.
- Statement of purpose explaining what you hope your degree will do for you.
- Two letters of recommendation. In the online application, you will need to supply names and contact details of university faculty members, employment-related professionals, etc. who can attest to your intellectual, experiential and interpersonal abilities. The Graduate School will contact your references with instructions regarding the letters.
- TOEFL, IELTS, PTE or C1 Advanced score reports for applicants whose native language is not English. For information on sending test scores, visit the Grad School website.
Complete the online application
Carefully follow the instructions on the application site.
- Upload the above documents in the online application
- Degree/delivery: Masters- Distance (Online/Remote Site/etc.)
- Academic program: Learning Technologies and Design/Online Education-Distance (MS)