Positive Coaching: Online Master's Degree
Master of education in educational, school and counseling psychology with an emphasis in positive coaching (M Ed)
- Program type: Master’s degree
- Academic home: College of Education | Department of Educational, School and Counseling Psychology
- Delivery mode: 100 percent online
- Credit hours: 30
- Accreditation: Higher Learning Commission; Teacher Education Accreditation Council
- Estimated program cost: $13,001.10*
* This price is for illustrative purposes only and is based on academic year 2019 information. It includes standard in-state graduate tuition of $352.60 per credit hour plus $41.20 per-credit-hour Truman School supplemental fees and $13.20 per-credit-hour information technology fees. It does not include application fees, textbooks or course materials. Additional fees may apply. Course fees vary from department to department. Your actual costs may differ depending on your course choices. See more about tuition and financial aid.
Get the degree you deserve
A master’s degree in positive coaching from MU can help you advance your career leading athletes, students and other team members. If you want to help people achieve their optimal performance both as individuals and as team members, this may be the program for you.
Program structure and topics
The online master’s in positive coaching is 100 percent online: no campus visits are required.
Courses are semester-based, offered in 8- and 16-week sessions.
Most students study part time, taking two classes per semester, and earn their master’s degrees in just two-and-a-half years. Full-time students can complete the program in just one year.
Course work covers:
- Administration of athletics programs
- Athlete training and conditioning
- Character and ethics in sport and leadership
- Emotional health and well-being of the athlete
- Gender and multicultural issues in sports
- Wellness and self-care of coaches
In-state tuition rates
As a distance learner in a University of Missouri graduate program, you qualify for in-state tuition rates, regardless of where you live.
This program is administered by the Department of Educational, School and Counseling Psychology