User experience and usability: Online graduate certificate
Graduate certificate in user experience and usability
- Program type: Graduate certificate
- Academic home: College of Education | School of Information Science and Learning Technologies
- Accreditation: Higher Learning Commission, Teacher Education Accreditation Council
- Delivery mode: 100 percent online
- Credit hours: 12
- Estimated program cost: $5,200.44*
*This cost is for illustrative purposes only. Your hours and costs will differ, depending on your transfer hours, course choices at Mizzou and your academic progress. See more about tuition and financial aid.
Get the certificate you deserve
The user experience and usability graduate certificate from MU can help you expand your knowledge of human-centered design. If you have a technology background and want to design tools that help people achieve their goals, this could be the program for you.
Program structure and topics
Delivery of this program is 100 percent online: No campus visits are required.
Courses are semester-based. If you study part time and take one course each semester, you will complete the program in just over one year.
Course work covers
- Basic concepts of interaction design
- Usability engineering and prototyping principles
- Learning and performance based technologies
- Data collection and analysis
- Creating a portfolio demonstrating your mastery of user experience and usability competencies
In-state tuition rates
As a distance learner in a University of Missouri graduate program, you qualify for in-state tuition rates, regardless of where you live.
Ask us about this program
This program is administered by the School of Information Science and Learning Technologies. SISLT is a proud member of the iSchools consortium, an international coalition of leading information schools.