Get started with MizzouApply here
The user experience and usability graduate certificate from MU can help you expand your knowledge of human-centered design. If you have a technology background and want to design tools that help people achieve their goals, this could be the program for you.
The School of Information Science and Learning Technologies (SISLT) is a proud member of the iSchools consortium, an international coalition of leading information schools.
Official nameGraduate certificate in user experience and usability
CampusUniversity of Missouri
Program typeGraduate certificate
Academic homeCollege of Education | School of Information Science and Learning Technology
Delivery mode100% online
AccreditationHigher Learning Commission, Teacher Education Accreditation Council
*This cost is for illustrative purposes only. Your hours and costs will differ, depending on your transfer hours, course choices and your academic progress. See more about tuition and financial aid.
Potential benefits for careers in
- App and web development
- Archives and museums
- Computer science and information technology
- Content strategists and journalists
- Visual designers
- Library science
Delivery of this program is 100 percent online: No campus visits are required.
Courses are semester-based. If you study part time and take one course each semester, you will complete the program in just over one year.
Course work includes
- Basic concepts of interaction design
- Usability engineering and prototyping principles
- Learning and performance based technologies
- Data collection and analysis
- Creating a portfolio demonstrating your mastery of user experience and usability competencies