Biological engineering: Online master’s degree
Master of science in biological engineering (MS)
- Program type: Master’s degree
- Academic home: College of Engineering | Biomedical, Biological & Chemical Engineering
- Accreditation: Higher Learning Commission
- Delivery mode: 100 percent online
- Credit hours: 36
- Estimated program cost: $32,089.32*
* This cost is for illustrative purposes only. Your hours and costs will differ, depending on your transfer hours, course choices at Mizzou and your academic progress. See more about tuition and financial aid.
How an online biological engineering master’s degree can help you
Biological engineering is one of the fastest growing sectors of industry nationally. If you are a STEM professional looking to earn a bioengineering degree and start a career in a growing field, this may be the program for you.
Program structure and topics
The online master’s in biological engineering is non-thesis and 100 percent online: no campus visits are required.
Students typically take two classes each semester session and finish the program in three years.
Course work covers
- Biomaterials engineering
- Orthopaedic biomechanics
- Biomedical imaging
- Biomolecular engineering
Meet our faculty
Dr. Heather K. Hunt
Dr. Hunt’s work explores the interfaces between surface chemistry, structure, composition and bulk, physical properties of advanced materials for optics, electronics and environmental applications with a focus on the development of new techniques and materials systems that allow tailoring of optoelectronic material properties at the molecular level. Using principles of rational design and self-assembly, she designs and characterizes novel, nanostructured materials for optoelectronic devices.
This program is administered by the College of Engineering.