Health ethics: Online graduate certificate
Graduate certificate in health ethics
- Program type: Graduate certificate
- Academic home: School of Medicine | Department of Health Management and Informatics
- Accreditation: Higher Learning Commission
- Delivery mode: 100 percent online
- Credit hours: 12
- Estimated program cost: $4,800.36*
*This cost is for illustrative purposes only. Your hours and costs will differ, depending on your transfer hours, course choices at Mizzou and your academic progress. See more about tuition and financial aid.
Get the certificate you deserve
The online graduate certificate in health ethics from MU is ideal for health care providers, administrators, ethics committee members and other health care professionals seeking advanced education opportunities. If you want to develop practical and clinical competencies in health care ethics, this may be the certificate for you.
Program structure and topics
Delivery of this program is 100 percent online: no campus visits are required.
Courses are semester-based. Students typically take two classes each semester and finish in one year.
Course work covers
- Ethical issues in clinical practice
- How metaethics and normative ethics relate to situations and controversies in health care
- Use and management of health information, including privacy and confidentiality
- Codes of ethics, conflicts of interest and other management issues
In-state tuition rates
As a distance learner in a University of Missouri graduate program, you qualify for in-state tuition rates, regardless of where you live.
This program is administered by the Department of Health Management and Informatics.