Get started with MizzouApply here
How to apply
If you have less than 24 hours of applicable college-level course work, you may apply to the online bachelor of English program as a freshman. If you have 24 or more credit hours of applicable college-level course work, you may apply as a transfer student.
Fulfill the admission requirements:
- For freshmen:
- Earned the minimum test score on the ACT or SAT.
- Completed 17 specific high school courses with good grades.
- For a list of test scores and high school courses, review the Freshman Admission Requirements.
- For transfer students:
- Completed at least 24 credit hours of applicable college course work, including the equivalent of MATH 1100 or ENGLSH 1000 with a grade of C- or better.
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 in your college course work.
- If English is not your native language, please submit a TOEFL score of at least 79 (internet-based test), an IELTS score of at least 6.5, a Pearson Test of English (PTE) score of at least 59 or a Cambridge C1 Advanced score of at least 195.
- Slightly different requirements apply if you transfer from within the UM System or already have an associate of arts degree from a regionally accredited Missouri community college.
This program accepts rolling admissions, so you can apply at any time. We recommend you submit your application six weeks before the beginning of the term in which you wish to start your course work.
|To start classes in||Apply by||Classes begin|
Gather your papers
In the online application, you will need to supply:
- Your name and contact information
- Citizenship, residency and visa information (if applicable)
- Names and locations of previous college or high school and dates you attended
If you are applying as a transfer student, you also will need to contact all your previous colleges or universities to request they send your official transcripts to:
Office of Admissions
University of Missouri
230 Jesse Hall
Columbia, MO 65211