Get started with MizzouApply here
The online master’s degree in early childhood special education and autism from MU will help you design, deliver and evaluate services to children from birth to age 5. If you want to advance your career working with young children with autism and other disabilities, this may be the degree for you.
Official nameMaster of education in special education with an emphasis in early childhood special education and autism
Program typeMaster's degree
Academic homeCollege of Education & Human Development | Department of Special Education
Delivery mode100% online
AccreditationHigher Learning Commission, Teacher Education Accreditation Council
*This cost is for illustrative purposes only. Your hours and costs will differ, depending on your transfer hours, your course choices and your academic progress. See more about tuition and financial aid.
This degree has potential benefits for
- Early childhood practitioners
- Early interventionists
- Child-care center workers
- Head Start teachers
- School counselors
- Special education teachers
Delivery of this program is 100 percent online: no campus visits are required.
Courses are semester-based. Students typically take one or two classes each semester and finish in two years.
This program emphasizes
- Assessment methods
- Characteristics of children with autism, including those who are high functioning
- Creating inclusive classrooms
- Home-based models for infants and toddlers
- Language and early literacy development
- Research-based intervention strategies