Get started with MizzouApply
How to apply
Fulfill the admission requirements
- Completed bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- GPA minimum requirement: Graduate GPA of at least 3.5.
- Graduate Record Exam (GRE) minimum scores:
- 156 Verbal
- 146 Quantitative
- 4.0 Analytical Writing
- TOEFL (if applicable) minimum scores:
- 80 total for internet-based test
- Reading 17
- Listening 17
- Speaking 17
- Writing 17
- Other language tests can also be submitted to demonstrate language proficiency. Please see the MU Graduate School Language Requirements.
After the deadline, applicants that meet the minimum requirements will have an interview with SISLT iSchool faculty. The SISLT iSchool Student Services Office will set up the interview.
Decisions on admission will be based on due consideration of all information presented and on the recommendations of the faculty. Prospective students will only be accepted into the program if a faculty member agrees to serve as their adviser. A decision will be sent to the prospective student within six weeks of the interview.
|To start classes in||Apply by||Classes begin|
|Fall, 16-week session||December 15 (Priority)||August|
|Fall, 16-week session||February 15 (Regular)||August|
Gather your papers
Applying will be easier and faster if you gather these required documents beforehand:
- Transcripts of all previous college or university education. Upload unofficial transcripts in your online application. If you are accepted, you will be asked to provide official transcripts.
- Statement of purpose. This will be a major source of information for the faculty as they consider your application. Explain your professional intentions, career goals, intellectual beliefs and research interests. Use this statement to convince the faculty that you are a mature, self-directed and purposeful individual.Please do not copy ideas from our website. Rather, convince the faculty why pursuing a doctoral degree is an important life goal for you.
- Curriculum vitae or résumé.
- Three letters of reference sent on the references’ letterhead.
- Faculty names with whom you would like to study.
- Optional: Any other materials you wish to include to support your application (e.g., papers you have published, technical reports you have written or any other supportive materials).
- TOEFL, IELTS, PTE or C1 Advanced score reports for applicants whose native language is not English. For information on sending test scores, visit the Graduate School website.
Complete the online application
Carefully follow the instructions on the application site.
- Upload the above documents in the online application
- Degree/delivery: Doctorate- Distance (Online/Remote Site/etc.)
- Academic program: Information Science and Learning Technologies-Distance (PhD)