Get started with MizzouApply here
How to apply
Fulfill the admission requirements:
- At least three years of technical, clinical or administrative experience in health care or the health sciences.
- Completed bachelor’s degree or its equivalent from a regionally accredited institution.
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 in the last 60 hours of undergraduate or graduate education. If your GPA was less than 3.0, the Admissions Committee may accept you into the program on probation and require you to maintain a 3.0 GPA.
- If English is not your native language, please submit a TOEFL score of at least 100 (internet-based test), an IELTS score of at least 7.5, a Pearson Test of English (PTE) score of at least 66 or a Cambridge C1 Advanced score of at least 190.
- GRE scores are not required.
This program accepts students to matriculate in the spring term only. We recommend you submit your application by Dec. 1.
Gather your papers
Applying will be easier and faster if you gather these required documents beforehand:
- Transcripts of all previous college or university education. Upload unofficial transcripts in your online application. If you are accepted, you will be asked to provide official transcripts.
- Personal essay that outlines your professional plans and career objectives, explains how you became interested in health informatics and how your prior training and experience would help your career, includes specific issues and problems in health care you consider challenging and why, and states that you intend to apply to the traditional distance education (executive) program.
- Statement of support from your employer; not required if you are self-employed or a principal in your organization.
- Résumé or CV documenting at least three years of technical, clinical or administrative experience in health care or the health sciences.
- Three letters of recommendation. In the online application, you will need to supply names and contact details of three professional colleagues who can attest to your intellectual, experiential and interpersonal abilities. The Graduate School will contact your references with instructions regarding the letters.
- Interview. The Admissions Committee interviews all applicants. If you are unable to travel to the Columbia, Missouri campus, alternate arrangements can be made.
- TOEFL, IELTS, PTE or C1 Advanced score reports for applicants whose native language is not English. For information on sending test scores, visit the Grad School website.
Complete the online application
Carefully follow the instructions on the application site.
- Upload the above documents in the online application
- Degree/delivery: Masters- Distance (Online/Remote Site/etc.)
- Academic program: Health Informatics/Executive Program-Distance (MS)