About Mizzou Online
Mizzou Online brings more than 100 University of Missouri graduate and undergraduate degree and certificate options to your fingertips. As a service unit within the Office of the Provost, we assist MU's schools and colleges with making their degrees and courses available online.
Collectively, the Mizzou Online staff have over 600 years of service in online and adult education services. Our office provides administrative assistance for academic units offering online programs with the following units: Program Coordination, Student Services, IT, Marketing and Recruitment, and Fiscal/HR. Our teams administer some unique services on campus, including building and maintaining the self-paced course platform and facilitating revenue share for distance programs with distance-coded students.
Leading in distance education
The University of Missouri is a national leader in online education. Mizzou offers the second-most distance degree and certificate programs in the SEC and among the AAU public institutions. We serve students across Missouri, the nation and the world. In academic year 17-18, online students came from 50 states and 21 countries outside the United States.
In addition to degree programs, Mizzou Online also facilitates access for thousands of students annually who want individual online classes. Through Mizzou@Home, students can choose from more than 300 classes to take online in the summer while traveling or heading home. Via self-paced online classes, Mizzou Online provides access to students who want to fit in course work in a different timeline than a traditional semester. In AY 17-18, one or more students began an online self-paced course on nearly every day of the year.
Mission and Values
Because we believe that distance education increases access to higher education and enables the University of Missouri to address unmet educational needs in Missouri and beyond, Mizzou Online is dedicated to collaborative efforts with academic units and administrative offices to support distance students and expand distance education at the University of Missouri.
- We strive for integrity, innovation and growth of distance education at MU.
- We seek to extend and expand distance education opportunities through creative collaboration with academic units and community partners.
- We provide quality customer service and support to enhance distance learners' educational experience.
- We serve and advocate for the needs of Mizzou's distance learners.
- We support academic units and instructors in their efforts to provide distance education.
- We demonstrate commitment to respect, responsibility, excellence and service through professionalism, passion and pride in our work.
- We promote opportunities for ongoing personal and professional growth.
- We foster a supportive and open-minded environment through transparency, innovation and collaboration.
Earning their #onlinestripes
Students choose to study online with Mizzou because of the reputation of our academic programs and affordability. Because online classes and degree programs are created and taught by the same faculty, instructors and staff who deliver on-campus education, students know they are earning well-respected credentials for career growth.