Gifted education
How to apply

Certification preparation University of Missouri
A paper depicting human heads, one is brightly colored.

Get started with Mizzou

Apply as post-baccalaureate

How to enroll

If you are seeking gifted certification through DESE, you may take MU courses individually as a post-baccalaureate (formerly nondegree-seeking) student without applying to the gifted education master’s (M Ed) program.

Important If you take individual courses as a post-baccalaureate and plan to apply course credit toward the M Ed program, you must be accepted into the degree program before you finish 12 credit hours of course work.

Apply to enroll as a post-baccalaureate student

Learn more about this program

This program is administered by the Department of Special Education